Thursday, March 12, 2009

DIY: Save the Dates

Finally got through my first DIY project (1 of many for the wedding)....

Having a fall wedding, I was inspired to do a magical woods sprite motif (along with the original Peacock Feather motif). Centerpieces made of branches with mini dangling candles, cat tails, sort of folky. And when I saw these "Giving Tree" themed Save-the-Dates on www.merrimentdesign.com, I knew I'd have to do my own rendition of them. Thank you so much for passing along your template, hope I did your design justice!


So my take on Cristin and Adam's original STD design was incorporating the art on vellum over a photobooth strip of photos from our engagement session. Backed with a Shimmer-Copper Cover weight paper from Paper Source.


Then I punched a 1/8 hole on the top and secured it with the Chocolate Eyelets from Paper Source.


Sealed them in the String & Button Envelopes from Paper Source and stamped them with the cutest bride and groom stamp.


Even got my Pops to help stuff some envelopes....